Art in Virtual Reality & motion
Here are some examples of animation:
- The first has Cha Cha footwork I created while at Animation Mentor.
- The little orange guy running away was animation created for LeftJet Studios. You can see the final composite followed by my animation.
- Followed by an armless parkour jumper.
- Next up, motion graphics: a mission statement for a company’s future is communicated with motion design.
- For a change of platform, you will see an iPad app capture of tooth decay, which happens after the player makes a mistake in the game.
- Throughout the video, a silhouetted dancer moves in front of a projection as an example of my interactive art projects, where I love collaborating with dancers and technologists.
For a comprehensive breakdown, hop over to the HD version.
Corporate Motion Design
Motion Design for National Food Group
Lyric Inc needed their storyboards to come to life, and called me. I designed the motion (not the illustrations) for this uplifting corporate mission statement for National Food Group.
Iterated through several 3d browser designs for tablet. Used Photoshop, After Effects, Maya. Please contact me for the documentation of this project.
Game for Good
Client: Sweet Action Games
Created backgrounds, 3d models, textures, and 2d assets for iOS/Android game.
Website Layout Design
Website for Attack of the S. Mutans!
Attack of the S. Mutans! is a traveling museum exhibition geared to teach kids about dental health.
I designed the layout for this new website that had to be kid-friendly, yet informative to prospective museum clients. The layout was inspired by the main character – Dentisha’s – lab notebook.
I created animations that served as hidden interactive elements, which would give the visitor more of a sense of the game content. (view the live website)
New Media Art
Eroding Matter and Memory
Eroding Matter and Memory
“Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were.” – Proust
This piece explores the plasticity of memory and the process of revisiting memories. Shown at Soil Artist-Run gallery in Pioneer Seattle, for the month of March 2014. Curated by Interstitial Theater, the show explored the boundaries that define video art and dance performance work.
Shape Study (cont.)
Artifact III: Materialized
Laser cut baltic birch.
1.2 m x .4 m x .6 m.
Debut at SOIL Gallery in Pioneer Square. March 2014
I have been captivated by the emerging field of virtual reality ever since I learned of therapeutic applications as seen in pain relief studies. Since then, I’ve worn many hats in the industry. Last year, I co-founded and served as the Creative Director at NovaWake Studios a VR company, which launched the project Gravity Compass on SteamVR in May 2016.
What do I do?
- Design VR Experiences
- Lead & Organize Projects
- Animation & Motion Graphics
In personal and professional projects, I work closely with developers and artists to create excellent content with the best user experience possible. My background is in animation, 3D art, and new media art.
Co-Founder & Creative Director – NovaWake Studios
1/2015 – 5/2016
Animator, Motion Graphics, 3D artist – Freelance Consultant
9/2011 – Present
3D Artist & Graphic Designer – Firsthand Technology / DeepStream VR
9/2009 – 2011